CGFNS Exam Registration-Register for CGFNS in Nigeria
CGFNS (Commission on Graduates of Foreign Nursing Schools) Qualifying exam is a test where candidate’s knowledge and understanding of nursing field is taught and practiced in the United States is examined. Cgfns Exam is a gateway for all the nursing graduates, who desire to pursue their career as registered nurses in the US. The test also helps the candidates to predict their chances to crack NCLEX-RN-the U.S registered nurse licensing exam.
The programme is comprised three parts: a credentials review of the nurse’s education, registration, and licensure; The CGFNS Qualifying exam, a one-day qualifying exam testing nursing knowledge; and an English Language Proficiency exam. Upon successful completion of all three elements of the programme, the applicant is awarded a CGFNS Certificate.
CGFNS EXAM – STRUCTURE
The CGFNS exam has both nursing section. The exam is a multiple choice and objective internet based test. It is divided into two parts with a total of 260 questions. Candidates should submit anyone; TOEFL, TOIEC or IELTS scores for an eligibility criterion.
- Applicants are given 150 questions in the part 1 exam with a time limit of 2 hours and 30 minutes. You will get a 1 hour break for lunch after you are done with part 1 section. The part 2 section contains 110 questions with a time limit of 1 hour and 50 minutes.
- Applicants must successfully complete one of the English exams (TOEFL, TOEIC or IELTS) and the qualifying exam within a two-year period in order for test scores to be considered valid.
The minimum passing scores on each of the English proficiency exams are as follows: TOEFL – 83; TOEIC-725; IELTS-6.5 overall
The CGFNS Certification Program is designed ONLY for first-level, general nurses educated and/or licensed outside the United States who wish to assess their chances of passing the NCLEX-RN® examination and attaining licensure to practice as registered nurses within the United States.
In order to be eligible for the programme, a NURSE must be properly educated and hold both initial and current registration/licensure as a first-level, general nurse as defined historically by the International Council of Nurse (ICN)
A first-level nurse is called a “registered” or “Professional” nurse in most countries. A second-level nurse often called an Enrolled, Vocational, Practical nurse or nurse assistant. Is not eligible to be licensed as a registered nurse in the U.S, and therefore, is not eligible for the Certification Program.
CGFNS evaluates an applicant’s education and a registration credentials to certify that the applicant is a first-level, general nurse, and meets all of the registration requirements to be licensed as a professional in the nursing field.
Applicants must have:
- Completed a Senior Secondary School education separate from their nursing education;
- Graduated from a Government-approved nursing program of at least two years in length; and
- Received theoretical instruction and clinical practice in nursing care of the adult (including medical and surgical nursing), material/infant nursing care, nursing care of children, and psychiatric/mental health nursing.
- Completed request for academic records form and full academic transcripts from your school of nursing.
In order to work in the USA as a Registered Nurse:
- The salary and benefits package that you receive as a nurse in the USA can vary significantly from state to state. Health Insurance is normally included in the benefits package, but the type of cover offered can also vary: Holiday entitlement will usually be between 2 and 4 weeks a year.
- Employers and Organizations with an interest in selecting candidates who have a high probability of success on the NCLEX-RN® examination will find the program highly beneficial. Nurse applicants, U.S Boards of Registered Nurses, the U.S Department of Labour, the U.S Immigration and Naturalization Service, Universities, and employers all make use of the CGFNS Certification Program.
- CGFNS Certificate holders constantly have a higher rate of success on the NCLEX-RN® examination than international-educated nurses who do not hold a CGFNS certificate. Passing the CGFNS qualifying exam can help applicants to feel reasonably assured of success on the NCLEX-RN® examination.
- The CGFNS certificate helps applicants to qualify for an occupational Visa.
- Each USA state has a nursing board. Each Nursing board has its own set of regulations for overseas-trained nurses. To work in the USA as a RN, you have to be licensed by the relevant state board of nursing and the license is only valid for that particular state.
To become a licensed nurse in the USA, most states have two main requirements:
- CGFNS and
CGFNS EXAM REGISTRATION IN NIGERIA
To register for CGFNS exam in Nigeria,
You can register for any of the exams: SAT, TOEFL, IELTS, GRE, GMAT, PTE, and CGFNS by following any of these steps stated below:
- By visiting our Office to fill application form and pay in cash for the registration.
- By paying into our Account;
Account Name: Excellence Education Travels and Tours
Account No: 1014830221
Bank: Zenith Bank
Or Pay online
Then scan your teller to our Email address and write a short message on what you paid for and we would send you a message back for your exam registration.
CGFNS EXAM DATES IN NIGERIA
|March 9-1, 2020.
July 13-17, 2020.
September 14-18, 2020.
November 9-13, 2020.
|January 31, 2020.
May 31, 2020.
July 31, 2019.
September 30, 2019.
The CGFNS qualifying exam of nursing knowledge is offered four times a year at more than 50 areas around the world.