Study In Ireland From Nigeria With Post Study Visa
Study In Ireland From Nigeria With Post Study Visa; The Republic of Ireland is often regarded as a friendly country due to its low crime rate, it is also one of the fastest growing economy in Europe. It is important to note that, the Republic of Ireland is an independent country, and not to be confused for Northern Ireland which is part of the United Kingdom. Situated in the heart of Europe, it is a country with modern educational system and world class universities that offer various interesting postgraduate and undergraduate programmes at low tuition cost.
Some of the fascinating facts about Ireland:
- Ireland ranked 11th on United Nation’s 2014 development index.
- 33% of the county’s population is under 25 years of age.
- Ireland has witnessed tremendous reduction in unemployment rate since last 5years
- Its capital, Dublin, is constantly ranked among top global cities.
- Dublin is also home to offices and headquarters of many world renowned firms; Google, Facebook, Paypal, ebay, Linkedin, etc.
- Many top medical, and pharmaceutical companies have presence in Ireland.
- Safe and friendly; has a low crime rate.
Some educational facts about Ireland:
- Ranked as the top among European countries when it comes to international students’ satisfaction.
- In the quality of scientific research, Ireland is ranked 14th
- Annually, the Irish Government invests about €800 million in research in the country’s higher institutions.
- All the country’s universities are in the top 4% globally ranked schools.
- Irish universities are ranked in the top 1% of global research institutions.
Benefits of studying in Ireland
- Cheap cost of living; about €10,000per annum, or less.
- Work while you study; 20hrs a week, and 40hrs during holidays. With a minimum wage of €80p/hr. average graduate salary is about €30,000 per annum.
- Post study visa: 12months for undergraduate, and 24months for postgraduate. 5 year work could lead to permanent residency.
- World class universities with historical education.
- Friendly and safe environment.
- Affordable tuition fees.
- Extensive choice of courses.
- High chances of working in leading IT and Pharmaceutical
Types of institutions in Ireland
- Institute of Technologies
- Private colleges
Types of programmes offered
- Undergraduate programmes
- Postgraduate programmes
- Research degree programmes
- Foundation Pathway
- Professional certificates
Admission Requirements for IELTS
Requirements ranges for schools in Ireland
- 5 band, with no less than 5.5 band for undergraduate, and 6.0 postgraduate studies.
- 5 to 5.0 band for bridging
Admission Requirements for Undergraduate
12 years of high school equivalent to the Irish high school system, with a calculation of 80% to 90% for universities, 70% to 80% for institute of technologies, and 55% to 60% for private colleges. The fees is about €9000 to €12600 depending on the school.
Foundation pathway is available for those that slightly fall short of admission requirements.
Admission Requirements for postgraduate
A bachelor’s degree from a recognised university with excellent grades equivalent to: 2.1 or minimum of 54% (2.2). Some courses require 2.1. The fees is about €9000 to €13000 depending on the school.
Admission Requirements and cost for Foundation Pathways
Foundation pathways are for applicants that fail to meet up with the entry requirements for undergraduate or post graduate programme. The fees is about €9000 to €13000 depending on the school.