Study in Romania-How To Study In Romania From Nigeria
Study in Romania-How To Study In Romania From Nigeria. Romania is popularly known as one of the finest country in the world. It is located at the crossroads of Central, Eastern and Southeastern Europe. It has Ukraine, Bulgaria, Hungary, Serbia and Moldova as its neighbouring countries. It ranks 52nd in the Human Development Index and the world’s 47th largest economy by Nominal GPD.
Romania is a beautiful, natural and cultural country rich in history, arts and scenic beauty with landscape approximately one-third mountains. It is known as one of the most toured countries in the world. According to the World Travels and Tourism Council, it is estimated to have the fourth-growing travels and tourism total demand in the world.
Studying in a country like Romania is in no doubt advantageous to a non EU student because of its enormous benefits and the opportunity it brings. Romanians are known to be friendly, hospitable and fun loving.
Benefits of studying in Romania
The benefit of studying in Romania cannot be overemphasized due to the mind-blowing opportunities available to foreign students such as;
- Scholarship: Scholarship is one of the major advantage offered to non EU student for Undergraduate and Postgraduate Programmes through ministry of foreign affairs.
- Low Tuition Fees: As a Romanian student, you have the opportunity to spend less learning and also an affordable living cost. With a minimum of 200-400 Euro monthly, one can live comfortably depending on your lifestyle.
- Work and Study: You can work and study as an International student and get jobs adequate for your student schedule like part-time jobs, internship, volunteer; And guess what?… You do not need a work permit as long as you hold a resident permit for studying in the country and you are allowed to work 4 hours/day but if you prefer to work more than 4 hours/day, you will need to apply for a work permit.
- World’s Fastest Economy: It gives you the luxury of exploring an ultra fast internet connectivity.
- Universities in Romania do not require IELTS or TOEFL as an entrance Examination. You are accepted as long as you have basic requirement from your country.
- It gives you a solid degree recognized around Europe and beyond.
- Studying in Romania gives you flexibility in courses delivery e.g online courses
- You have the luxury to learn and study foreign languages like French, German, Romanian/ Hungarian.
Structure of Romania Higher Education System
Romania is known for excellent and quality education system. It is estimated to have 49 Public and 8 Private Universities. It is coordinated by the ministry of Ministry of National Education(MEN). Academic year starts in the first week of October. It is structured as follows;
- 1st Cycle: This is the Bachelor’s Degree which lasts for 3 or 4 years depending on the study domain. Courses like Engineering, Humanities, Law, Chemistry, Advanced Information Technology, Economics, Business statistics & Cybernetics, Biological studies, Mathematics, Business/Public Administration e.t.c.
NOTE: Professional courses such as Medicine, Pharmacy, Dentistry, Veterinary, Nursing, Architectural studies can last for a duration of 5/6 years.
- 2nd Cycle: This is the university study of masters which usually lasts for 2 years. Courses such as: Business Management, Engineering, Applied Mathematics, Financial Management, Biomedical Informatics, International Business Management, Public Administration, Agribusiness e.t.c
- 3rd Cycle: This is the Post Graduate Doctoral Studies which usually lasts for 3 years.
Tuition fees in Romania for Undergraduate/ Masters programmes vary from 2500-5500 Euro/year depending on the faculty and the origin of the International students.
|Study Domain||Tuition Fees|
|Veterinary medicine||4500-5000 Euros|
|Music & Arts||4000-4500 Euros|
Romanian Student Visa
To become a Romanian student, you require a valid visa for study from Romanian Embassies prior to arrival and Excellence Education Travels and Tours would definitely guide you through your visa process with ease. It can take up to 1-2 month so it is advised to apply for acceptance or admittance letter early in order to have enough time to apply for student visa.